Resurfacing and preventative pavement maintenance on 98 miles of county and township roads.
06-17-11: 2011 Road Resurfacing Project to Begin Week of June 20
Work will begin the week of June 20 on resurfacing various county and township roads in Delaware County. The first phase of work will include pavement repairs and chip sealing on various roads. More information will be posted as construction progresses on this project.
Current Construction Schedule: 2011 Road Improvement Schedule (08-10-11)
Road Closure Information
Traffic to be maintained in the work zones using flaggers and a minimum of 1-lane, 2-way operation. Brief closures may also be required.
Full closures (local traffic maintained) on the following roads:
- East Liberty Road (Porter Township) from S.R. 656 to Chambers Road
- Calhoun Road (Concord Township) from Mills Road north to Scioto Township Line
- Dustin Road (Berkshire Township) from 3B’s & K to S.R. 3
- Degood Road (Scioto Township)
Design engineering: Fall 2010 to spring 2011
Right-of-way acquisition: None
Utility relocation: None
Construction: June to September 2011
Construction documents prepared by the Delaware County Engineer’s Design Department.
Contract awarded to low bidder Shelly & Sands, Inc. of Columbus, Ohio
- County road portion: $2,580,360
- Township road portion: $3,050,856
Estimated Project Cost
$5.6 million (County and Township)